This program is designed for those that want to go beyond basic training to develop a truly GREAT dog! These classes teach more advanced obedience behaviors and put a big emphasis on impulse control. Our goal in this program is to help your dog become the kind of dog that you can fully rely on his behavior in a wide variety of challenging real-life scenarios. Many people choose to do this program in parallel with a specialty area, like Therapy, Rally, Nose Work or Agility.
Great Dog! (Ongoing)
Description: Ready to take your training beyond typical pet manners and commands? Each week we’ll spend about half the class time doing fun, but challenging obedience practice. Building impulse control is stressed. During the last half of each class, we’ll use clickers to train some advanced behaviors and tricks. Many exercises are performed off leash and with the handler at a distance.
This is an ongoing class, you can join any time there is an opening. Many people choose to stay in this class long-term as they refine and advance their teamwork. This class is designed to help you develop a truly great dog!
- Successful completion of Manners 3
- Instructor Approval (the nature of the exercises done in this class requires a high degree of reliability with strange dogs and strange people)
- Dogs must be current on vaccinations
- $88 for each set of 4 consecutive class meetings, each one hour long
- Review Ongoing Class Policies
For availability of ongoing Great Dog classes, please contact us.