Our synthetic turf is the ideal surface for training agility indoors. But, having the turf does create the need for strict policies in some important areas.
Potty Accident Policy
- If your dog repeatedly marks or potties in the ring, they will be excused from agility classes at WAGD.
- Prevent accidents:
- Your dog is only allowed on the turf when he is running. Not while you’re walking the course, setting bars or talking.
- Don’t allow sniffing before, after or during your run
- Take multiple outside potty breaks, if needed.
- If you think your dog may pee on the turf, use a belly band (males) or britches (females) as an insurance policy
- Handle an accident properly by IMMEDIATELY spot clean the area thoroughly with the spray cleaner and shop towels located in the ring
- Be SURE that any treat that hits the floor is eaten or picked up right away
- No crumbly treats
- We encourage the use of tugs, toys, training tubes and “lotus” balls during training
Agility Ring Rental
- Must be a current WAGD student in Agility 3 or higher.
- Private ring rentals are available at a rate of $20 per half hour, it can be shared with other students at a rate of $10 per student
- The agility equipment may not be moved, except setting jump heights.
- To improve the affordability of ring rentals, we encourage you to share your rental time with other students.