These requirements are geared toward our Manners classes. For the other programs, your instructor will let you know of any unique equipment needs.
- Arrive 5 – 10 minutes early. Give your pup a chance to potty outside. Be sure to clean up.
- Check in at the front desk for your first class meeting (no need after that).
- Keep your dog close to you. Keep at least 6’ foot of space between your dog and any others.
- Class will start on time. Be sure you’re in the ring and ready to go.
Bring the right stuff
- Motivated dog – For most dogs, it’s best to not feed anything for at least 4 hours before class.
- Collar and/or harness. For pullers, we recommend a “front attach” harness. We have a great selection and will help you fit it properly.
- Leash – 4′ to 6′ made of rope, nylon or leather. Please don’t bring a retractable leash (e.g. Flexi-lead).
- Treat pouch on a belt – The ones from the WAGD shop are ideal, with a magnet closure.
- Treats – 100+ pea sized pieces of very yummy treats. Available in our shop.
- Chew item – A bully stick, bone or No Hide chew to pacify your pup during class discussions.
- Mat – Will be explained during Week 1, plan to bring one for Week 2.
- Water Bowl – Our shop sells Automugs (super handy) and small collapsible bowls.
- Athletic shoes – You’ll need to move freely forwards and backwards.