Description: Your dog will learn to be calm and obedient, even with distractions and in exciting situations. Portions of the class will be conducted outside of the training ring when possible.
Your dog will learn to generalize good behaviors in scenarios other than just the training ring. We’ll help you develop a dog that can accompany you in public (parks, pet stores, festivals, soccer games, etc.) and make you proud! During class, we will practice all the skills needed for the AKC Canine Good Citizen test. Those who are interested in earning that title may enroll in a CGC Prep & Test. Dogs enrolling in this class should know the basic commands. (Come – Sit – Down – Stay – Walk on Leash).
- Completed Manners 1 or Manners 1: Puppy at WAGD -or- demonstrate required skill level in a Class Readiness evaluation
- If more than two months has passed since your last class, a new Class Readiness Evaluation is required.
- Dog must be current on vaccinations.
- Enrollment – six consecutive weekly 50 minute class meetings at your designated day/time
- Class Fee – $168
- Early Enrollment Discount – $10 savings on Manners 2 by contacting us to enroll by the end date of your Manners 1 class
Private make-ups for missed classes may be scheduled at the discounted rate of $30 / half hour. After enrollment, watch for a confirmation email with important details.